For over 25 years, The Rautenberg New Leaders Project (NLP) has provided unique opportunities and training to elevate the next class of outstanding Jewish civic leaders in Los Angeles. With a commitment to the Jewish tradition of social responsibility, NLP empowers participants to hone their leadership skills and gain a deep understanding of the diverse fabric of Los Angeles, while working with elected, civic, and community leaders to address some of the most critical challenges facing our city.
Throughout the year, NLP participants build relationships with like-minded peers who share their passion for civic engagement and social change. Participants gain confidence to let their voices be heard and the skills and connections needed to make a difference.
Participants in this premier program:
- Meet and learn from top elected, civic, and community leaders from across the region who are helping transform Los Angeles
- Gain a deep understanding of economic, social, and political challenges facing our city
- Develop instrumental leadership skills and a vibrant network that will help make a difference in the community
This year, as the program commences virtually to adapt to our COVID reality, participants will also:
- Get to know each other and alumni intimately through Zoom conversations until it is once again safe to meet in person
- Converse with experts who will dissect the impact of COVID on the future of Los Angeles
- Participate in important training and skill building with leadership and racial equity and civic experts
- Be involved in creative programming to learn about the most pressing issues facing our region
NLP inspires a new generation of civic leaders who approach their work grounded in Jewish values and who are educated on the challenges affecting Jewish and neighboring communities. NLP alumni have successfully run for office, have been appointed to government commissions, and are influential in Los Angeles civic life.Learn More