POSITION: Junior Staff Accountant
SALARY: $41,168 to $60,546
|Summary Description of Position:|
|Reporting to the Accounting Supervisor, the Jr. Staff Accountant is responsible for handling all auditing and data entry related to Accounts Payable, including providing support in the preparation of vendor analyses, reconciliation of all related accounts to the general ledger, and generation of related reports. Serves as backup to donor management system data entry and the Jr. G/L Accountant functions.|
- Audit check requests for approvals, accuracy, back-up, and coding in accordance with Company policies and procedures, and input accounts payable data into MIP accounting systems.
- Responsible for preparation, timely mailing, and distribution of vendor checks under supervision of Sr. G/L Accountant.
- Maintain accurate and complete vendor files and update vendor information in MIP as needed.
- Handle telephone inquiries from vendors and staff, and research invoices and payments made when required.
- Prepare A/P related journal entries, account analyses and reconciliations, including audit and tax related schedules.
- Process, distribute, and file 1099 forms at year-end.
- Work on additional projects as assigned by accounting management.
|Be available to supervisor for additional assignments, as required, including assisting with the Campaign.|
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Associate degree; minimum of 1 years’ experience in accounts payable, or equivalent advanced education.
- Prior general ledger and account reconciliation experience preferred.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Good communication and strong interpersonal skills required.
- Working knowledge of appropriate software programs and office systems required (i.e., Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Experience with MIP a plus.