POSITION: Senior Financial Analyst
Reporting to the Senior VP, Finance, the Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for the annual budget & ongoing communication & analysis related to budgeted, forecasted & actual fiscal activity. Supervises the Financial Analyst, serves as a systems support resource for Vizion software & provides monitoring for certain accounting controls. As necessary, manages strategic initiatives reporting and other ad hoc projects for the VP, Finance.
- Work with operations personnel & senior management of the Federation to create the annual budget.
- Supervise review & analysis of the annual budget prior to approval by senior management, lay committees, the executive office, & the board of directors
- Supervise production & distribution of monthly operating reports, monitors budget deficits & reviews all instances of non-compliance with senior management.
- Oversees the budget overage process and assists with the Treasury function
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining the headcount reports for the entire organization
- Responsible for the creation & monitoring of all Department budgets
- Prepare expenditure, variance & miscellaneous accounting reports
- Review & approves all purchase orders & invoices, & reconciles expenditures to budgets
- Manage all event related budgets, contracts, risk management, & security
- Work with consultants & IT management to support a fully integrated financial accounting & reporting system
- Prepare standard & special reports using accounting data
- To preserve segregation of duties within the accounting department, participate in oversight of key control processes to ensure that errors, omissions or irregularities are timely detected & promptly resolved
- Oversees the Reporting and tracking related to the Strategic Philanthropy funds
- Reviews the various Cash Flow models for the organization and assists with the reconciliation of the fund balances
Other duties may be assigned as needed including assisting with the annual campaign, performing analysis related to accounting & fiscal operations, participating in workshops or training, designing special analyses or programs, & other duties.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- BA in Accounting or related field
- 5 years’ experience in progressively more demanding financial roles
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong computer, Excel/Access skill
- Appropriate education & related experience strongly desired.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a managerial position including supervising others & working with accounting systems
- Must be well organized & able to exercise discretion & independent judgment in accordance with policy & organizational practice.