For your protection and the protection of The Jewish Federation Council of Greater Los Angeles (“JFC”), we have instituted the following Privacy and Website Policies. By making use of this website, you agree to be bound by all of the policies contained in this statement. If you do not agree to these policies, please do not make use of the website.
JFC respects your personal privacy and is committed to protecting it. It is not necessary to reveal your identity or any personal information to visit www.jewishla.org.
Some general information about visitors to our site is collected automatically, including the domain from which you access the Internet, the web browser you use (such as Google Chrome), the date and time of the visit to our site, and the pages that are visited. This information is used for statistical tracking purposes only and to help us improve our website and provide visitors with a positive browsing experience. This information is only compiled in aggregate, so that we know how many people are visiting our site each day, how long people spend viewing our site, which pages are visited most, etc.
This information will never be linked to your personal identity, used to contact you, or released to an outside entity in any way, unless you request that we do so (see the “Personal Information” section below). Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but provide an option for blocking the acceptance of cookies.
Some areas of our website allow you the option to enter personal information. These may include charitable donation forms, requests for materials or information, subscriptions to e-mail communication services, surveys or feedback forms, and e-mail links to JFC departments or individuals. If you voluntarily choose to provide personal information, it may be viewed by various people at JFC in the process of responding to your online request. If you elect to receive regular e-mail communications from JFC (such as an e-mail newsletter subscription), you will always be provided with an “opt-out” method so that you can unsubscribe at any time.
If you choose to provide JFC with personal information, we will never share, rent, trade, sell, or otherwise release this information without your consent, except if we are required to do so by law.
JFC makes extensive use of technologies and techniques to help protect the integrity of the personal information you provide to us via the Internet. Still, you should be aware that electronic communications may not always be secure, in spite of all precautions. If you are concerned about providing sensitive information, you may wish to do so via phone, regular mail, or during a personal consultation, rather than electronically.
The JFC website may contain links to outside websites that are not owned or controlled by JFC. We cannot be responsible for the privacy protections provided by sites outside of the JFC site, even if they are linked to our site. A link to an outside site, company, or organization in no way constitutes an endorsement or approval of that site, information, service, or organization, either outright or implied, and JFC is not responsible for content on outside sites.
Posting Information to the Website
While using the JFC website, you may have the opportunity to post your own content to the website. Please make sure to post only materials that you own or legally control, and do not post any materials that contain the images of other people or materials written or composed by other people who have not given you specific permission to use. This is because third parties may own the copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights in materials created by them or on their behalf. Please understand that JFC has the right to remove any materials posted by other people to the website or to edit or alter the material in its sole discretion. The following content is prohibited on this website:
- Patently offensive to the online community, such as content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual
- Harasses or advocates harassment of another person
- Involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”
- Promotes information that you know is false, misleading, or promotes illegal activities or conduct, is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous
- Is or promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, provides information to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices providing pirated music, films, or photographs or links to pirated files of any kind
- Displays pornographic material of any kind
- Provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 or anyone else in a sexual or violent manner
- Solicits personal information from anyone under 18
- Provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, providing or creating computer viruses
- Contains restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page); engages in commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, pyramid schemes, etc.
Note to Parents
The JFC website is not directed to children. JFC encourages parents to monitor their children’s use of the Internet when viewing the JFC website. Please do not allow children to post any personal information about themselves, including without limitation their names, ages, phone numbers, and addresses.
If you have questions about privacy or security issues related to www.jewishla.org, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
JFC provides the information on www.jewishla.org as a courtesy. It is designed for informational and educational purposes only.
JFC in no way warranties or represents, whether expressly or implied, as to the accuracy, currency, or entirety of any information contained or referenced in this site. JFC assumes no liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. JFC does not assume any risk for your use of this website. References to specific programs, products, or services do not constitute or imply recommendation or endorsement by JFC. The individual views and opinions expressed in the site do not necessarily reflect those of the JFC organization.
By accessing this website, you assume full responsibility without limitation or qualification for the use of the information herein. Further, you agree that in no event will JFC or any party involved in the creation, production, or delivery of this site or any site linked to it be liable in any manner whatsoever for any decision, action, or non-action taken based on information provided herein.
These terms and conditions set forth in this disclaimer are subject to change and update at any time. By choosing to visit this site, you are bound by the terms set forth in this document and by such revisions as they are posted.
All material contained within www.jewishla.org is the sole property of JFC, its licensees, and licensors. Everything that you see or hear on the site is copyrighted. This includes but is not restricted to all written and graphical content, text, images, photographs, illustrations, audio, video, logos, and computer programming code.
Material displayed on www.jewishla.org may be downloaded for non-commercial, personal use only. Material displayed on the site may not be distributed, modified, reproduced, or reused in any way for personal, public, or commercial purposes without the written consent of JFC or its designees.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on www.jewishla.org are registered and unregistered marks of JFC and others.
JFC does not warrant or represent that your use of materials displayed on www.jewishla.org will not infringe the rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with JFC.
Any unauthorized use of material on www.jewishla.org may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes. JFC will aggressively enforce its copyright and intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.
Procedure for Notification of Claimed Copyright Infringement:
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been uploaded, posted, or copied to this website or is accessible on this website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles by providing its designated copyright agent listed below with the following information:
- (1) A description of the copyrighted work you claim has been infringed and a description of the activity that you claim to be infringing
- (2) Identification of the URL address or other specific location on this Website where the material or activity you claim to be infringing is located or is occurring. You must include enough information to allow The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles to locate the material or the activity
- (3) Your name, address, telephone number, and, if you have one, your e-mail address
- (4) A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use on this website of the alleged copyrighted work in the manner of which you are complaining is not authorized by the copyright owner, any agent of the copyright owner, or the law
- (5) A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information you have provided in your notice is accurate and that you are either the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner
- (6) The physical or electronic signature of either the copyright owner or of a person authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf
Notices of claims of copyright infringement with regard to this website should be directed in writing to The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles’ designated agent for receipt of such notices at:
Address: The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles
6505 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90048