In order to create a vibrant network for Jewish teens, we must create new points of connection while ensuring that existing programs thrive. Through The Burt & Elaine Margulis Teen Engagement Scholarship Fund, we provide incentive grants for short-term Jewish activities.
Incentive Grants: Provides $100 scholarships to teens to attend a short-term immersive experience for the first time. The cost of program must be less than $500. The only requirement is completion of a quick application.
Incentive Grant Criteria
Qualified applicants will receive $100 to be used toward a program costing no more than $500.
- Must live in Greater Los Angeles area
- Must currently be in grades 7-12
- Must be attending a program for the first time through a specific provider
- Must apply at least one month in advance of program date
- Event must be no longer than 7 days
- Examples of activities covered: weekend retreat or Shabbaton with a Jewish youth group, regional convention of a Jewish youth group
- Not applicable to Day School, Religious School Shabbatons, or Maccabi Games
How To Apply: The Incentive Grant only requires an online application. CLICK HERE
Once processed and approved, a check in the amount of $100 will be processed and sent directly to the organization on behalf of the applicant.
A program of the LA Jewish Teen Initiative, in partnership with the Jim Joseph Foundation, supported by a generous grant from the Jewish Community Foundation of Los Angeles and generous contributions from Burt & Elaine Margulis.