POSITION: Vice President, Event Strategy
DEPARTMENT: Donor Experience
Reporting directly to the Executive Vice President, Donor Experience, the Vice President, Event Strategy will oversee all event strategy, production and logistical aspects of Campaign-related events. Create campaign events that elevate Federation in the community, raise funds and deepen donors’ connections to our work.
The VP, Event Strategy serves in a leadership role on the Donor Experience team, leading and mentoring colleagues, lay leaders and donors. Responsibilities include: Include new donors, prospects and social circles in Federation by creating and expanding gathering points that include: committees, cabinets, formal and informal gatherings of leaders.
- In partnership with EVP, develop budgets for events/programs and monitor expenditures for events.
- Think creatively and strategically to broaden our donors’ experiences.
- Work with Donor Experience team and lay committees to design receptions, programs, dinners, lectures and other events to highlight and support financial resource development of the Campaign in conformance with established policies and procedures.
- Stay abreast of the programmatic work of the Federation and its partners and ably integrate into our events.
- Plan and produce excellent and goal-driven missions, major events, cultivation and outreach events, parlor meetings and Federation education days and activities. Work with lay partners to recruit event sponsors and tribute ads.
- Assess capabilities of vendors and suppliers in the area of catering, audiovisual services, photographers, etc
- Research and compare vendor pricing to obtain best prices for campaign events.
- Manage event schedules with Donor Experience team.
- Supervise and negotiate the fees for all entertainment, speakers and associated travel arrangements.
- Oversee Donor Experience team to delegate and oversee the set up all offsite arrangements for event including menu selection, table arrangements, decorations, awards, programs and agendas.
- Keep organized records on all events and conduct post event evaluations.
|Be available to Executive Vice President, Donor Experience for additional assignments, as required.|
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced Degree and 10+ years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Project management and event production skills needed, including comfort with project management software and methodologies.
- Possess the gracious tenacity and diplomacy required to guide committees and achieve objectives without compromising the Federation’s mission and goals.
- Collaborative work style with the ability to constructively communicate in service of goals.
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize.
- Can-do, resourceful, positive attitude - looks for solutions and exercises good judgement.
- Experience working with leaders of industry desirable.
- Appreciation of the Jewish faith and community, its traditions, history, institutions and practices.
- A hybrid work model will be implemented for certain positions during transition back to worksite(s). This position must report to worksite on non-remote workdays, as determined by the Federation. Once the transition is complete, this position will be expected to perform work on site.
- All staff and building occupants must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination status will be required. Please disclose if accommodation to the Federation’s vaccination policy is sought for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the Subject line.