POSITION: Vice President, Donor Experience
DEPARTMENT: Donor Experience
Reporting to the Sr. Vice President, Donor Experience, the Vice President, Donor Experience will: Deepen our donors’ involvement in and connection to the Federation, becoming one of their top philanthropic priorities. Build and sustain vibrant Federation communities. Create a leadership path for our donors within campaign and beyond. Create buzz and momentum in the community about the Federation and bring new faces to our events. Leverage programming and events to generate greater interest in our work. Educate our donors about Federation’s mission and work.
The VP, Donor Experience serves in a leadership role on the Donor Experience team, leading and mentoring colleagues, lay leaders and donors. Responsibilities include: Build and strengthen lay communities representing our Federation’s various affinities and divisions, as well as target populations within our community.
- Include new donors, prospects and social circles in Federation by creating and expanding gathering points that include: committees, cabinets, formal and informal gatherings of leaders.
- Foster new opportunities for donors to get involved, partner, plan, take action, meet like-minded individuals and learn about our Federation.
- Stay abreast of the programmatic work of the Federation and its partners and ably communicate our priorities to donors and stakeholders.
- Plan and produce excellent and goal-driven missions, major events, cultivation and outreach events, parlor meetings and Federation education days and activities. Work with lay partners to recruit event sponsors and tribute ads.
- Partner with the Donor Relations team to identify prospects, steward donors and grow the donor base, annual campaign and Strategic Philanthropy Initiatives.
- Assist team members in implementing community campaign tactics including direct mail and telemarketing, and execute Super Sunday and Tour de Summer Camps.
- Attend events on evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Supervise assigned support and professional personnel.
Be available to Executive Vice President, Donor Experience for additional assignments, as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced Degree and 7+ years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Project management and event production skills needed, including comfort with project management software and methodologies .
- Possess the gracious tenacity and diplomacy required to guide committees and achieve objectives without compromising the Federation's mission and goals.
- Collaborative work style with the ability to constructively communicate in service of goals .
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize .
- Can-do, resourceful, positive attitude - looks for solutions and exercises good judgement.
- Experience working with leaders of industry desirable .
- Appreciation of the Jewish faith and community, its traditions, history, institutions and practices .
- A hybrid work model will be implemented for certain positions during transition back to worksite(s). This position must report to worksite on non-remote workdays, as determined by the Federation. Once the transition is complete, this position will be expected to perform work on site.
- All staff and building occupants must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination status will be required. Please disclose if accommodation to the Federation's vaccination policy is sought for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the Subject line.