POSITION: Senior Handyman
DEPARTMENT: Central Services / Facilities
SALARY: $44,491 to $56,072
|Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, responsibilities include assisting with the upkeep of all Federation buildings and grounds by identifying and/or performing tasks related to the care, appearance and maintenance of buildings and grounds, providing meeting room setups, and providing handyman services to building tenants.|
- Be on call 7 days a week, 24 hours a day; may work split shift hours and Sundays
- Make routine inspections to determine maintenance needs and perform tasks including, but not limited to cleaning, scrubbing, sweeping, dusting, polishing windows, walls, furniture, sidewalks and some metal surfaces, emptying recycling receptacles, and removing debris from planters
- Address as a first-priority all facility maintenance/custodial issues (e.g. toilet overflow, water leaks/spills)
- At the direction of the Building Engineer, performs troubleshooting, repair and general maintenance for facilities, buildings, grounds, and equipment at Federation sites including hardware, electrical, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, glazier, and painting tasks; also, may repair locks and make keys.
- Occasional travel to multiple work sites
- Occasional use of personal vehicle for deliveries and pick-ups
- Provide room set-ups and take-downs for meetings including moving furniture, and cleaning rooms after meetings.
- Perform office and office furniture moves and assemble and disassemble workstations
- Interior painting and touch-ups of interior spaces
- Perform tasks such as, but not limited to, removal/installation of keyboard trays, removal/installation of picture frames/bulletin boards, anchoring shelving to walls, and assembling chairs and shelving.
- Assist with elevator access control
- May assist with operation of folding machine and cutting machine.
- May assist in delivering incoming packages or supply deliveries
- Perform general housekeeping as needed.
Be available to Building Engineer or VP Administrative Services/Operations for additional assignments, as required, including assisting with the Campaign.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Graduation from high school or equivalent; 5 years’ experience w/maintenance work.
- Broad knowledge of methods, tools and equipment used in building maintenance trades; ability to use and care for tools and equipment.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, push, and pull, twist and grip items with or without assistance
- Mobility requirements including lifting, carrying (50lbs) crawling, and ladder climbing.
- Competent with right and left hands
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and knowledge of building maintenance
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions
- Ability to work well with others and be a team player.
- Ability to perform steady and productive work for an extended period of time.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision; must have enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the Subject line.