POSITION: Senior Vice President, Caring for Jews in Need
DEPARTMENT: Caring for Jews in Need
SALARY: $130,000 – $150,000
Reporting to the Executive VP: Chief Program Officer (EVP: CPO), the Sr. VP: Caring for Jews in Need (CJIN) leads efforts on issues related to social service planning, partnerships and program delivery work of the Federation in Los Angeles, Israel and with overseas Jewish Communities.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to Federations Caring for Jews in Need Strategic Initiative
- Work with lay leaders and staff to development of priorities and implement creative initiatives to enhance the Federation’s strategic impact.
- Staff the Caring for Jews in Need Committee and provide direction to multiple sub-committees.
- Collaborate, convene and work closely with social service partners locally, in Israel and overseas.
- Supervise, mentor and support the Caring for Jews in Need professional team.
- Lead and oversee Federations Caring for Jews in Need programs.
- Develop, track and monitor department budget and progress.
- Represent the work of Caring for Jews in Need to large and small audiences of donors, program participants and interested community members.
- Develop and maintain inter and intra-developmental communications and relationships.
- Participate in collaborative Federation and community planning process with other program and campaign colleagues.
Be available to supervisor for additional assignments, as required, including assisting with the Campaign.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Master’s degree in the field of Public Administration, Social Work, Jewish Education, or related area preferred.
- Minimum 5-10 years related experience in social service grantmaking, community organization, program management and/or program development essential.
- Knowledge of Jewish life and the LA Jewish community strongly preferred.
- Strong supervisory experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work tactfully with colleagues, partners and lay leaders.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Must be detailed oriented and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to set timelines, establish priorities and stimulate productivity necessary to meet deadlines, ability to assess program
- A hybrid work model will be implemented for certain positions during transition back to worksite(s). This position must report
to worksite on non-remote workdays.
- All staff and building occupants must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination status will be required. Please disclose if
accommodation to the Federation’s vaccination policy is sought for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Transparency in Coverage Rules require certain group health plans to disclose on a public website information regarding in-network provider rates and historical out-of-network allowed amounts and billed charges for covered items and services in two separate machine-readable files (MRFs). The MRFs for the benefit package options under Jewish Federation Council of Greater Los Angeles Welfare Benefits Plan No. 504 are linked here.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the Subject line.