POSITION: Senior Clerk - Mail Room & Other Services
DEPARTMENT: Central Services
SALARY: $44,491 to $56,072
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, is responsible for all aspects of the Mail Room and offsite record retention. Cross-trained in all Central Service positions and provides assistance and back-up in the Photocopy Center and other Central Services functions
- Sort and distribute incoming US Postal Service and inter-office mail.
- Process outgoing postal service mail and packages through metering, accounting, and computer equipment.
- Responsible for coordinating courier requests; includes scheduling pickups/deliveries and reviewing/processing related vendor invoices for payment.
- Process the receipt and shipment of express mail services, such as Fed Ex and UPS packages; also reviews/processes vendor invoices for payment.
- Maintain and operate all postage related equipment, and make minor adjustments and repairs.
- Contact vendors as necessary, including the US Postal Service and mail delivery service.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of folder, paper cutter and other equipment.
- Responsible for record retention, preparation, processing, and retrieval.
- Maintain Mail Room charge-back system records and database.
- Process Central Services/Facilities invoices and check requests.
- Cross-train with and provide back up to other Central Services personnel.
- Assist and back-up to Services Assistant, Photocopy & Supplies, with copy/print jobs and equipment maintenance.
- May assist with processing and fulfilling supply orders.
- May assist Senior Operations Manager with processing access badge applications and photos.
- May assist in set-up and breakdown of meeting rooms and other related duties.
- May be asked to drive personal or rental vehicle for various pickups or deliveries.
- Assist with freight elevator access control.
- May assist in providing administrative assistance for department processes as needed with paperwork and meeting room reservations.
- Assist with office furniture moves
- Performs general housekeeping as needed
Be available to supervisor for additional assignments, as required, including assisting with the Campaign.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school.
- Training in use of mailing and other types of office equipment preferred.
- Good computer skills and familiarity with Word, Adobe, and Excel. Knowledge of computer and/or data entry is desired.
- Knowledge of office methods and terminology.
- Ability to follow both oral and written direction.
- Ability to keep simple records and perform clerical duties.
- Ability to deal courteously with all staff and to establish and maintain effective relationships with office personnel.
- Outstanding ability to work with people and establish and maintain effective working relationships with office personnel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in dealing with public.
- Knowledge of business English and spelling.
- Willingness and flexibility, as well as the aptitude, to assist in other departmental support functions when required.
- Lifting of boxes weighing approximately 50 pounds (physical examination may be required).
- Must have Valid California driver’s license and insurance.
- A hybrid work model will be implemented for certain positions during transition back to worksite(s). This position must report to worksite on non-remote workdays, as determined by the Federation. Once the transition is complete, this position will be expected to perform work on site.
- All staff and building occupants must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination status will be required. Please disclose if accommodation to the Federation’s vaccination policy is sought for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the Subject line.