POSITION: Senior Accountant
SALARY: $90,000 - $95,000
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Sr. Accountant is responsible for the maintenance of the Blackbaud DMS System (A/R subledger). The position will be responsible for the tracking and reporting of donor gifts and other revenue, including restricted and multi-year gifts and event registration fees. As the point person for all revenue in Blackbaud, the Sr. Accountant will be responsible for proper revenue recognition and implementation and maintenance of internal controls.
- Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Sr. Accountant serves as the point person for all Blackbaud (DMS) related transactions, reporting, and maintenance for the Accounting Department.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, implementation of controls and processes related to revenue, including procedures for write-offs and event fees, and training of Accounting personnel staff as needed.
- Responsible for reviewing all revenue transactions submitted to the Pledge Accounting staff to ensure proper accounting for multi-year gifts, restricted contributions, stock and bonds, unapplied gifts, and event fees among others.
- Works with IT and Development to create new account strings, event codes, etc. Maintain the system from an accounting perspective to ensure the integrity of the data stored in it.
- Ensures credit cards are processed appropriately, reconciles applicable accounts, generates recurring and ad-hoc reports to help the Budget Team produce metrics and KPI’s. and assists with financial year-end audit.
- Responsible for the supervision and evaluation of the Pledge Accounting staff.
Be available to supervisor for additional assignments, as required, including assisting with the Campaign.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- BS required; 3-4 years’ experience in Accounting.
- Public accounting, NFP revenue recognition, internal controls, and DMS experience a plus.
- Strong systems skills desired; very organized; strong attention to detail.
- Good communications skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- A hybrid work model will be implemented for certain positions during transition back to worksite(s). This position must report to worksite on non-remote workdays, as determined by the Federation.
- All staff and building occupants must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination status will be required. Please disclose if accommodation to the Federation’s vaccination policy is sought for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Transparency in Coverage Rules require certain group health plans to disclose on a public website information regarding in-network provider rates and historical out-of-network allowed amounts and billed charges for covered items and services in two separate machine-readable files (MRFs). The MRFs for the benefit package options under Jewish Federation Council of Greater Los Angeles Welfare Benefits Plan No. 504 are linked here.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the Subject line.