POSITION: Research and Evaluation Associate
DEPARTMENT: Program Management & Support
SALARY: $65,218 - $87,881
TIME-LIMITED: December 31, 2022. Extension is subject to renewed funding
Research and Evaluation Associate: This position is a key leader in the newly developed department of Impact and Learning. The Associate will lead data analysis to answer key questions and address emergent community needs. The Associate will work under Associate Chief Program Officer, Impact and Learning to showcase the learnings from the Study of Jewish LA, first community-wide study of Jews in great LA in over 25 years. This position also serves to elevate research and evaluation across the organization
- Utilize database management, writing, research, and analysis skills to help organization answer key learning questions and address emergent needs in the community
- Manage and synthesize large sets of data (quantitative and qualitative)
- Ability to leverage data from CRM systems to help address key research questions
- Clean, analyze, and synthesize quantitative and qualitative data
- Prepare graphs and any other relevant visualization of data
- Write clear, succinct, and action-oriented reports based on data analysis
- Create diverse presentations to report findings and lessons learned
- Support and/or train staff in efficient use of survey gathering software (such as Qualtrics, etc.)
- Design data collection instruments, as needed, such as interview protocols, survey drafts, focus group protocols to address research questions
Be available to supervisor as required for additional assignments, as needed, including assisting with the Campaign.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Experience conducting research and evaluation, preferably for philanthropy, nonprofits, education, or Jewish sector
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Advanced degree in statistics, social-science research, Jewish communal research or related area preferred
- Experience analyzing research and evaluation for problem-solving, decision-making, and/or storytelling
- Experience in project management skills, e.g., coordinating timelines, delegating tasks, managing budgets, etc.
- Detail oriented and organized
- Intellectually curious
- Experience utilizing survey estimation packages available from statistical software
- Knowledge of analytical software using weighted analyses (e.g., SPSS, STATA, R)
- Knowledge of Jewish LA organizational and engagement landscape a plus
- A hybrid work model will be implemented for certain positions during transition back to worksite(s). This position must report to worksite on non-remote workdays, as determined by the Federation. Once the transition is complete, this position will be expected to perform work on site
- All staff and building occupants must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination status will be required. Please disclose if accommodation to the Federation’s vaccination policy is sought for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Transparency in Coverage Rules require certain group health plans to disclose on a public website information regarding in-network provider rates and historical out-of-network allowed amounts and billed charges for covered items and services in two separate machine-readable files (MRFs). The MRFs for the benefit package options under Jewish Federation Council of Greater Los Angeles Welfare Benefits Plan No. 504 are linked here.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the Subject line.