POSITION: Program Coordinator, NuRoots Immersive Experiences
SALARY: $51,991 to $68,039
TIME-LIMITED: December 31, 2022. Extension is subject to renewed funding
Our Aspiration & Values
NuRoots, the young adult initiative of The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles, cultivates community belonging, personal growth, and a life-long commitment to a better Jewish LA among young adults through meaningful experiences, strategic partnerships, and leadership development. When every young Jewish Angeleno feels connected to their identity and their community, we will have a thriving, resilient, and interconnected Jewish LA.
Our values serve as the road map for how we operate in and with our community:
- Modern Interpretation: There are endless possibilities to connect with what it means to be Jewish.
- Hyper-Local Roots: Be in constant conversation with the diversity of people, places and stories across Los Angeles.
- Warm Invitation: Meaningful community develops through personal relationship, intimate moments, and purposeful inclusivity.
- Creative Integrity: Reimagination of Jewish ideas requires interrogation of our diverse past and ancient traditions.
- Communal Table: Collaboration builds trust which leads to the greatest community impact.
Summary Description of Position
NuRoots carries out its aspiration through distinct and interconnected strategies organized into three teams: 1) Community Building, 2) Partnership Engagement, and 3) Leadership Development.
Partnership Engagement Team: Responsible for cultivating and collaborating an integrated ecosystem of diverse organizations, projects, and initiatives that produce and transmit pathways of engagement for Jewish young adults.
We are seeking an energetic, highly organized, and self-directed Coordinator to provide programmatic, administrative, and logistical support to the Partnership Engagement team. The Coordinator will collaborate on all areas of NuRoots’ partnerships portfolio including Jewish Campus Life, Immersive Experiences, NuRoots Young Adult Partnerships, and Leadership Development.
The Coordinator will ensure that the Partnership Engagement Team is organized, effective, and impactful in carrying out its commitment to the holistic aspirations of NuRoots and the Federation. The Coordinator will have a strong attention to detail, learns quickly, gets things done, and absorbs information like a sponge. The Coordinator will be exposed to firsthand experience in how our programmatic partnerships and collaborations are created, sustained, reinvented, while having the opportunity to track progress against objectives.
- Manage a range of projects and programmatic tasks in the following major Partnership Engagement areas: Jewish Campus Life, Immersive Experiences, NuRoots Young Adult Partnerships, and Leadership Development Partners.
- Support the Partnership Engagement Team in all related administrative functions, including but not limited to: contracts, check requests, marketing and communications requests, expense reports, facilities requests and set-up, and some social media updates.
- Create highly effective timelines and systems for different program partnership processes.
- Manage database entry, monitoring community member information, and upkeep needs for Customer Relationship management database called DRIVE. Manage special data projects and assignments, in close coordination with team members from other departments.
- Coordinate administrative functions for Immersive Experiences partnerships including Birthright Israel, Honeymoon Israel, Trybal Gatherings, JDC Entwine, Onward Israel, Masa Israel. This includes tracking budgets, administrative program needs, and direct communication and follow-up with participants.
- Work with team members on logistics of our Immersive Experiences offering including pre-, during, and post-trip needs, including onboarding and welcoming participants via written and verbal communications.
- Manage and update partnership directory by interacting with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage Senior Director’s calendar, including program application and interview processes.
- Be available for events and meetings outside normal working hours.
- Able to staff and attend immersive experience programs requiring travel if opportunity arises and if requested to do so.
Be available to supervisor for additional assignments, as required, including assisting with the Campaign. Be available for events and meetings outside normal working hours.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- BA or equivalent preferred.
- Two - three years of responsible administrative or related experience.
- Passionate about Jewish community and aligns with the mission of the organization.
- Able to anticipate: Able to anticipate needs and eager to proactively offer support to the team.
- Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Curiosity and growth mindset with an eagerness to learn new things, and to take and implement feedback.
- Experience working with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system or related database systems.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion: Commitment to demonstrating those values through our work to reduce disparities in whose voice is heard in the Jewish organizational ecosystem of LA, and at our own organization. Demonstrated awareness of own cultural identity and ability to build relationships and collaborate across lines of difference.
- Energetic, amicable and flexible, self-motivated and highly organized.
- Ability to multi-task, manage time well, and trouble-shoot, able to work both independently and within a team.
- Knowledge of Jewish life and the Los Angeles Jewish Community preferred.
- Familiarity with Israel travel preferred.
- Proficient in mobile technology, social media, and digital trends for young adults (18-40)
- Must be detail-oriented and proficient in MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, and database programs.
- Must be able to work well in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- A hybrid work model will be implemented for certain positions during transition back to worksite(s). This position must report to worksite on non-remote workdays, as determined by the Federation. Once the transition is complete, this position will be expected to perform work on site.
- All staff and building occupants must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination status will be required. Please disclose if accommodation to the Federation’s vaccination policy is sought for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the Subject line.