POSITION: Program Assistant, PJ Library/Families with Young Children
DEPARTMENT: Jewish Education & Engagement/PJ Library
SALARY: $43,252 to $63,611
TIME-LIMITED: September 30, 2022. Extension is subject to renewed funding
Reporting to the VP of Early Childhood Engagement, the Program Assistant coordinates all of the administrative functions of the PJ Library and LA jBabies program and interacts with PJ Library/LA jBabies participants, partners, donors, volunteers and community professionals while displaying a high level of diplomacy, sound judgment and discretion. Assist, as needed, with other programs related to families with young children.
- Create, manage and maintain the database of subscribers in the PJ Library database.
- Communicate with PJ national office re: billing, operational, subscription issues.
- Communicate frequently with PJ Library participants (parents/grandparents).
- Create and send monthly e-newsletter, birthday, graduation, welcome, invitations, events through Mailchimp.
- Creation and evaluation of survey data on Survey Gizmo
- Donor Management system – input new constituents for all Community Connectors, create events, maintain attendee lists, liaise with DRIVE staff for PJ Library and LA jBabies team, , work with DRIVE team to update all information, new enrollments, and overall support for PJ Library and LA jBabies team.
- Assist PJ Library and LA jBabies staff with other administrative functions of the program.
- Assist PJ Library staff and LA jBabies at events as needed.
- Create Facebook posts and events for PJ Library in LA and LA jBabies Programs.
- Update/maintain/create invitations to the PJ Library in LA events calendars on PJ Google Calendar/Federation Calendar/RG Calendar.
- Maintain a daily schedule of Facebook postings.
- Maintain PJ in LA Instagram account.
- Create and submit monthly statements/invoices from PJ Nat’l.
- Work with Community Connectors to insure proper expense report submission.
- Maintain organized shelving of PJ Library books.
- Represent PJ Library at meetings/events as needed.
- Assist with data entry and organizing data as necessary for Family Camp Project and other projects for families with young children.
- Assist with marketing and social media as necessary for projects related to families with young children.
- Assist with entering data into the donor management system as needed.
- Assist with setting up of meetings and/or interviews as needed.
- Provide administrative support to SVP Jewish Education & Engagement as needed.
Be available to supervisor and Sr. VP Jewish Education for additional assignments in various department initiatives, as required, including assisting with the Campaign.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- BA degree preferred. 2-3 years of related experience.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint.
- Experience working with donor database or related database systems.
- Energetic, amicable and flexible, self-motivated and highly organized.
- Excellent administrative, written and oral communication skills, and engaging interpersonal skills and telephone manner.
- Impeccable organization and follow-through, with ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to multi-task and trouble-shoot, able to work both independently and within a team
- Strong attention to detail is a priority.
- Knowledge of Judaism and the Los Angeles Jewish Community a plus.
- A hybrid work model will be implemented for certain positions during transition back to worksite(s). This position must report to worksite on non-remote workdays, as determined by the Federation. Once the transition is complete, this position will be expected to perform work on site
- All staff and building occupants must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination status will be required. Please disclose if accommodation to the Federation’s vaccination policy is sought for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the Subject line.