POSITION: Program Coordinator, Los Angeles Jewish Teen Initiative
DEPARTMENT: Birth through High School
SALARY: Union Grade 11 Range: $51,991 to $68,039
TIME-LIMITED: Time Limited Position: Extensions are subject to renewed funding.
Under the supervision of the Vice President, Wellness Initiatives and Teen Engagement, coordinates all administrative and programmatic functions of the Los Angeles Jewish Teen Initiative and Wellness Initiatives. The Program Coordinator is the point person for all teen-related elements of the Julie Beren Platt Teen Innovation Grants.
- Provide administrative support and general assistance to the Vice President, Wellness Initiatives and Teen Engagement and any of the LAJTI/Wellness Initiative staff.
Provide administrative support for the implementation of all LAJTI programs, including but not limited to:
- Julie Beren Platt Teen Innovation Grants
- Community Internship Program
- Teen Talk
- PLC: Professional Learning Community
- Wellness Offerings for parents of young children, parents of teens, teens, & grandparents
- Coordinate JBP TIG activities from program start to completion including: calendaring, launch with Creative Services, recruitment, interviewing teens, send out acceptances, run the finance portion of the program, complete teen check-ins, manage communications, coordinate workshops and the Showcase).
- Assist in marketing the LA Jewish Teen Initiative & Wellness Initiatives to the Los Angeles Jewish Community
- Assist in creating programmatic design materials in Canva.
- Update and maintain social media posts as directed.
- Assist with information gathering for grant reports
- Maintain LAJTI & Wellness Initiative resources, data base lists, documents and annual calendar in an efficient and organized manner
- Take and disseminate meeting notes as needed.
- Serve as concierge for parents and teens to promote and navigate through Teen Initiative opportunities.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the data entry for community and program transaction in DRIVE.
- Take on special projects, as needed.
- Be available for events and meetings outside normal working hours
Be available for additional assignments, as needed, including assisting with the Campaign. Be available for events and meetings outside normal working hours.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- BA or equivalent required. 1-3 years of responsible program related experience
- Excellent interpersonal, organization and communications skills.
- Attention to detail and familiarity with Database systems
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and social media savvy
- Must drive vehicle or otherwise be able to report to offsite events and activities as necessary •
- Knowledge of and appreciation for Jewish life and an increasingly diverse Los Angeles Jewish Community a plus.
- Hybrid work model will be implemented for certain positions during transition back to worksite(s). This position must report to worksite on non-remote workdays, as determined by the Federation.
- All staff and building occupants must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination status will be required. Please disclose if accommodation to the Federation’s vaccination policy is sought for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Transparency in Coverage Rules require certain group health plans to disclose on a public website information regarding in-network provider rates and historical out-of-network allowed amounts and billed charges for covered items and services in two separate machine-readable files (MRFs). The MRFs for the benefit package options under Jewish Federation Council of Greater Los Angeles Welfare Benefits Plan No. 504 are linked here.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the Subject line.