POSITION: Program Assistant, Caring for Jews in Need
DEPARTMENT: Caring for Jews in Need
SALARY: Union Grade 10A Classification Range: $43,252 to $63,611
Reporting to the SVP Caring for Jews in Need, the Program Assistant using independent judgment to set priorities, provides secretarial support functions for the SVP CJIN and provides administrative and program support for the CJIN team and the department’s range of programming and partnership process.
- Support the SVP CJIN and assist with the department’s programming and administrative needs.
- Organize CJIN files and supplies and materials.
- Responsible for fielding all Community Call line inquiries.
- Update, maintain and distribute the Community Resource Guide
- Create and maintain multiple databases (including CJIN Database and DRIVE).
- Work with program staff to manage and coordinate event details.
- Handle meeting logistics, food ordering, and set up.
- Assist Program staff in program communications.
- Assist in creating written program materials, emails and web copy.
- Coordinate mailings. Field phone calls, including follow up/RSVP calls to committee members.
- Maintain calendar and scheduling for SVP and staff as needed.
- Process check requests and expense reports.
- Take notes in meetings, when necessary.
- Some internet research and phone interviews.
- Assist with administration of and research on various CJIN programs.
- Assist with launch of new pilot programs.
- Handle highly confidential material in a discreet manner.
- Be available for events and meetings outside normal working hours.
Be available to professional staff for additional assignments as needed. Other duties may be assigned as needed including assisting with the Campaign. Be available for events and meetings outside normal working hours.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- BA or equivalent preferred. 2-3 years of responsible administrative or related experience.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be detail oriented and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, database programs and the internet.
- Must be able to work well in a very busy fast paced environment.
- Knowledge and appreciation for an increasingly diverse LA Jewish community and Jewish life a plus.
- A hybrid work model will be implemented for certain positions during transition back to worksite(s). This position must report to worksite on non-remote workdays, as determined by the Federation. Once the transition is complete, this position will be expected to perform work on site.
- All staff and building occupants must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination status will be required. Please disclose if accommodation to the Federation’s vaccination policy is sought for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Transparency in Coverage Rules require certain group health plans to disclose on a public website information regarding in-network provider rates and historical out-of-network allowed amounts and billed charges for covered items and services in two separate machine-readable files (MRFs). The MRFs for the benefit package options under Jewish Federation Council of Greater Los Angeles Welfare Benefits Plan No. 504 are linked here.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the Subject line.