POSITION: Nazarian Initiative Marketing & Design Coordinator
FULL-TIME/PART-TIME: Part-Time (18 Hours/Week)
TIME-LIMITED: April 30, 2022. Extension is subject to renewed funding
Reporting to the SVP NuRoots, the Nazarian Initiative Marketing + Design Coordinator is responsible for identifying and implementing thoughtful and persuasive storytelling that celebrates Iranian Jewish heritage in a way that is relevant and inviting to the Los Angeles young adult population. The Coordinator will be responsible for crafting an implementing a social media strategy, copywriting, and managing various young adult websites, social media, and content that is inclusive and welcoming. The Coordinator will ultimately develop a strong young adult brand for the Federation, Nazarian Initiative and NuRoots across all media platforms and outlet and will work closely with Assistant Director, Nazarian Initiative to guide this work.
- Support creative needs of the Nazarian Initiative team and marketing projects specifically:
- Coordinate processes for team creative flow
- Develop content both independently and in collaboration with the NuRoots team
- Coordinate social media and web publishing
- Research (Iranian) Jewish content (holidays, ritual, history, community members, organizations) to build into creative projects
- Keep up to date on market trends, new technology, and potential vendors (animators, video producers)
- Provide measurement and data for social media posts as needed
- Work with Asst. Director and/or SVP NuRoots to help craft and implement a PR Strategy
- Manage Nazarian Initiative Facebook Group with social content calendar
- Manage Facebook ads as needed for specific event promotion
Other duties may be assigned by the SVP, NuRoots as needed, including assisting with the Campaign. Be available for events and meetings outside normal working hours.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Skilled in managing and creating content for multiple social media platforms
- Passion for and knowledge of Iranian Jewish community, traditions and culture
- Adept at writing engaging content targeted to the 20s and 30s something Iranian Jewish demographic
- Graphic design skill and experience preferred
- Web design and development experience preferred
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Knowledge of Jewish life and/or the Los Angeles Jewish community
- Must be a team player with a collaborative mindset
- Must have excellent organizational and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Must be detail oriented and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and database programs
- A hybrid work model will be implemented for certain positions during transition back to worksite(s). This position must report to worksite on non-remote workdays, as determined by the Federation. Once the transition is complete, this position will be expected to perform work on site.
- All staff and building occupants must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination status will be required. Please disclose if accommodation to the Federation’s vaccination policy is sought for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Transparency in Coverage Rules require certain group health plans to disclose on a public website information regarding in-network provider rates and historical out-of-network allowed amounts and billed charges for covered items and services in two separate machine-readable files (MRFs). The MRFs for the benefit package options under Jewish Federation Council of Greater Los Angeles Welfare Benefits Plan No. 504 are linked here.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the Subject line.