POSITION: General Ledger Accountant
SALARY: $50,847 to $66,541
Reporting to the Accounting Supervisor, the General Ledger Accountant is responsible for the maintenance and reconciliation of the general ledger, account analyses, and cash reconciliations related to non-contribution revenue. Serves as backup to the donor management system data entry and the accounts payable functions.
- Review, maintain and reconcile related accounts in the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Assist with preparation of the month end and year end journal entries.
- Maintain Agency Billing AR module within the Accounting Software, Abila, by adding new customers, billing codes, updating reports, etc. as needed.
- Process timely monthly Agency billing in MIP, apply cash receipts, track and follow up on non-contribution accounts receivables past due accounts. Follow up on agencies inquiries related to additional back up, etc.
- Prepare the AMEX allocation entry and reconciliation on a monthly basis and serve as back-up for the corporate AMEX charge function
- Prepare entry for employee expense allocations (BER’s) on semi-monthly basis.
- Maintain stock donation tracking schedule and communicate with AR and Donor Relations team to ensure complete schedule.
- Assist with the audit and tax schedules as may be needed on areas directly managed
- Perform additional tasks and projects as assigned by Management
Be available to supervisor for additional assignments, as required, including assisting with the Campaign.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree plus minimum 2 year experience working in an accounting department or equivalent experience.
- Prior general ledger and account reconciliation experience preferred.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Understanding of accounting concepts and Balance sheet.
- Knowledge of Excel and Word required; experience with MIP and Blackbaud a plus.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills required.