POSITION: Event Director
UNION: Grade 16
SALARY: $71,114 to $100,106
Reporting to the Sr. Vice President, Development, the Event Director manages all production and logistical aspects of Campaign-related events.
- Work with Development team and lay committees to design receptions, programs, dinners, lectures and other events to highlight and support financial resource development of the Campaign in conformance with established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the design, logistics and production of donor events.
- Work with Development team, event chair(s) and lay committees to arrange logistics of event.
- In partnership with CDO, develop budgets for events/programs and monitor expenditures for events.
- Assess capabilities of vendors and suppliers in the area of catering, audiovisual services, photographers, etc.
- Research and compare vendor pricing to obtain best prices for Campaign events.
- Oversee all preparation of event contracts and conduct site visits.
- Work in conjunction with Creative Services on event invitations, collateral materials, and other event promotion.
- Manage event schedules with Development team.
- Supervise the booking of all entertainment, speakers and associated travel arrangements.
- Work with Development team to manage the set up all offsite arrangements for event including menu selection, table arrangements, decorations, awards, programs and agendas.
- Keep organized records on all events and conduct post event evaluations.
Be available to supervisor for additional assignments as needed including assisting with the Campaign.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree required, masters preferred.
- 3+ years demonstrated knowledge and experience in planning major events.
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse constituency including major donors.
- Vendors, staff; supervisory ability to motivate and direct staff/volunteers to work together toward common goals.
- Ability to negotiate with vendors to secure advantageous terms for Federation.
- Demonstrated ability to work with caterers to ensure smooth handling of events.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and donor tracking software programs (i.e., Blackbaud Donor Management System).
- Excellent verbal communication skills to interact effectively and diplomatically with donors, volunteers, & staff.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize assignments, work independently and make effective timely decisions despite tight deadlines and competing requirements.
- Knowledge of Judaism and needs of the Jewish community a plus.
- A hybrid work model will be implemented. This position must report to worksite on non-remote workdays.
- All staff and building occupants must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination status will be required. Please disclose if accommodation to the Federation’s vaccination policy is sought for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Transparency in Coverage Rules require certain group health plans to disclose on a public website information regarding in-network provider rates and historical out-of-network allowed amounts and billed charges for covered items and services in two separate machine-readable files (MRFs). The MRFs for the benefit package options under Jewish Federation Council of Greater Los Angeles Welfare Benefits Plan No. 504 are linked here.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the Subject line.