POSITION: Business Intelligence Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Business Intelligence Group
Reporting to the SVP: Strategy & Data Operations, the Business Intelligence Analyst is a member of the Business Intelligence Group, a team established in 2016 to address the ever-growing amount of data being collected by The Jewish Federation and the increased integration of business systems. With strategic oversight of constituent information, a significant outward-facing goal of the Group is to work closely with the various key business units to analyze and expand the prospect to participant and/or donor conversion pipeline and support the annual revenue and engagement goals. The Group also is tasked with improving business processes to create efficiencies with the desired effect of streamlining reporting and work flows and reducing overall expenses.
The primary responsibility of this role is to leverage organizational data and integrated systems to provide strategic recommendations for improving the business processes of The Jewish Federation, including those related to internal workflows
- Manage and create financial, statistical, forecast and ad-hoc reports and models on a regular basis
- Advise management on data trends within the organization related to fundraising, program participation, effectiveness of external communications, and other areas based on current priorities
- Maintain KPIs and ensure that data and reports are updated and shared as appropriate
- Structure and streamline processes to manage data subsets
- Rapid analysis of business issues and data challenges to help build solutions that can be leveraged across departments
- Distill technical, statistical, data-driven analysis into learning accessible to lay audience
Be available to supervisor as required for additional related principal duties. Other duties may be assigned as needed including assisting with the Campaign. Be available for events and meetings outside normal working hours.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- This role requires someone who can shift focus quickly and keep projects within scope. The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a dynamic, data-driven environment and demonstrate a natural curiosity when digging into the numbers.
- Degree in business, statistics, database management or related field preferred
- Advanced Excel skills; substantial experience with data analysis and modeling, process improvement
- Ability to identify trends and clearly distill and present complex data to colleagues who may not have a technical background
- Ability to quickly establish subject matter expertise in a variety of business applications; experience with BlackBaud products preferred
- Experience with direct end-user support
- Excellent verbal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Critical, creative thinker, with the ability to provide data-driven insights and recommendations and see ideas through to completion
- Ability to set goals, establish timelines, and ensure that key milestones and deliverables are met
- Must have 3 or more years’ experience in work related thereto.
- A hybrid work model will be implemented for certain positions during transition back to worksite(s). This position must report to worksite on non-remote workdays, as determined by the Federation. Once the transition is complete, this position will be expected to perform work on site
- All staff and building occupants must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination status will be required. Please disclose if accommodation to the Federation’s vaccination policy is sought for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Transparency in Coverage Rules require certain group health plans to disclose on a public website information regarding in-network provider rates and historical out-of-network allowed amounts and billed charges for covered items and services in two separate machine-readable files (MRFs). The MRFs for the benefit package options under Jewish Federation Council of Greater Los Angeles Welfare Benefits Plan No. 504 are linked here.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the Subject line.