POSITION: Accounting Coordinator II
SALARY: $43,657 to $55,186
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the Accounting Coordinator II is responsible for the prompt and accurate posting of pledges, payments, and journal entries for stocks, bonds and securities and for balancing.
- Plan and organize activities to assure deadlines are met; develop, maintain and implement standards and procedures relevant to Cash Receipts.
- Assure daily bank deposits are verified and logged for accounting control purposes, and daily reports are in balance.
- Responsible for the daily batch processing of pledges, payments and modifications and to assure the transactions are accurately applied to the appropriate donor and Campaign.
- Responsible for the daily balancing of Control Reports, Advance and Operations logs and to report any discrepancies and coordinate activities necessary to correct them.
- Assist with both internal and external audits by assuring required audit trail are in place and all Federation policies are accurately exercised.
- Backup for the Accounting Coordinator and Credit card transactions.
- Responsible for courteous and correct handling of telephone calls from donors, lay community and staff; troubleshooting, phone, special projects.
Assist in keying data to assure workload is maintained current and deadlines are met; responsible for processing CSA transactions. Be available to supervisor for additional assignments, as required, including assisting with the Campaign.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Strong background in accounting and data processing fundamentals.
- Strong hands-on experience with high volume automated accounting systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Moderate to Advanced Excel skills
- Well organized and able to work under deadline pressure.
- Ability to manage time well, set correct priorities, and work on multiple projects.
- A hybrid work model will be implemented for certain positions during transition back to worksite(s). This position must report to worksite on non-remote workdays, as determined by the Federation. Once the transition is complete, this position will be expected to perform work on site.
- All staff and building occupants must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination status will be required. Please disclose if accommodation to the Federation’s vaccination policy is sought for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishLA.org with the job title in the Subject line.